Search

Google

Saturday, March 19, 2022

Bullied by AMZN

Apology as this post is not related to motoring but I just have to rant about the bad experience ...

My excitement turned to dismay when I received the Amazon delivery - the box was way too light for the Garmin watch that I had ordered.  So I took a video of the unboxing.  I thought I could ask AMZN to send me a replacement - I was wrong!

I lodged a case with AMZN to re-ship the watch and was refused.  I requested escalation to management since the watch was stolen before the box was shipped.  After waiting for some time, I tweeted the following:



AMZN responded very quickly and I had to explain about the incident again. However, the refund was forced onto me shortly after an email notification at 2:04am my time.


Email correspondence with AMZN Customer Service

AMZN also refused to price match my order even though the item is still in stock. I am aghast with the lack of customer service even though the episode was caused by an internal control failure and AMZN is still claiming to build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company (see their email signoff above). What a contradiction of action versus vision!


I had cancelled my Amazon Prime membership since AMZN discriminates its international customers from its local ones - there were instances of re-shipment made in America.


In closing, please be careful when unboxing high value items delivered by AMZN as I cannot imagine the pain that I would have to go through to explain the missing watch without the video of the unboxing.



No comments: